Global Online Certification Course on Business and Operations Analytics
Download Course Report (with detailed feedbacks and testimonials)
Course Supplementary Material
List of successful participants
Registration Last Date: 25th June 2021
Duration: 3rd July ’21 – 5th September ’21 (5:00 PM – 6:30 PM IST | Saturday & Sunday)
Prof. DAVID SIMCHI-LEVI
MIT Professor – Business & Supply Chain Analytics
Director, Data Science Lab,
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Prof. MANOJ K TIWARI
Director, NITIE Mumbai
About the Course
Business analytics refers to the ways in which enterprises can use data to gain insights and make better Operation decisions. The ability to use data effectively to drive rapid, precise, and profitable decisions has been a critical strategic advantage for companies as diverse as Walmart, Google, Nike, Capital One, and Disney. For example, Capital One uses sophisticated analytic capabilities to match credit card offerings to customers and WalMart uses analytics to monitor and update its inventory in a way that allows it to serve its customers at an exceptionally low cost.
NITIE is proud to present the Global Online Certification Course on ‘Business and Operations Analytics’ in association with Prof. David Simchi-Levi (MIT, USA).
The course emphasizes that Business and Operations Analytics is not a theoretical discipline: these techniques are only interesting and important to the extent that they can be used to provide real insights and improve the speed, reliability, and quality of decisions.
We have three goals in this course. The first is to help you think critically about data and the analyses based on those data — whether conducted by you or someone else. The second is to enable you to identify opportunities for creating value using business analytics. The third is to help you estimate the value created using business analytics to address an opportunity.
With business analytics being an integral part of modern management, this course should provide you with the foundation to understand and apply analytical methods to drive value.
- Optimizing Complex Decisions
- Machine Learning Techniques
- Optimal Model Selection
- Integration of Techniques
- Develop critical thinking about the data and the analyses.
- Learn basic analytics methods and analyse case studies on organizations that successfully deployed these techniques.
- Identify, evaluate, and capture business analytics opportunities that create value.
- Estimate the value created using business analytics to address an opportunity.
- 3rd July ’21 – 5th September ’21
- 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM IST || Saturday-Sunday
- 30 Hour Course – 10 Weeks - 20 sessions (1.5 Hours/Session)
- Mode of Instruction - Live via WebEx
- Upon completion of the course, all registered participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from NITIE signed jointly by Prof. David Simchi-Levi and Prof. Manoj K Tiwari
- Lecture attendance and course participation would be the criteria for course completion
- Lecture slides and supplementary material will be shared after each session
|Week 1||Course Inauguration
|Week 2||Introduction to Business Analytics
|Week 3||Optimizing Complex Decisions
Linear Programming Formulation
Demonstration of the Spreadsheet Optimization Method
|Week 4||Shadow Price
|Week 5||Linear Regression
Classification & Regression Trees
|Week 6||K-Nearest Neighbour
|Week 7||Neural Network
Variable Selection Techniques
|Week 8||Model Selection
Integration of Techniques
|Week 9||Case Studies: Retail; Manufacturing; High-Tech|
|Week 10||Assignment Presentations and Summary|
About Prof. DAVID SIMCHI-LEVI
MIT Professor – Business & Supply Chain Analytics
Director, Data Science Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Prof. David Simchi-Levi is the Professor for Business & Supply Chain Analytics and the Director of Data Science Lab at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
- He is the Editor-in-Chief of the INFORMS journal, Management Science, the former Editor-in-Chief of Operations Research, Naval Research Logistics and a member of the board for several scientific journals including Transportation Science and Telecommunication Systems, and a former Area Editor of Transportation for Operations Research.
- Prof. Simchi-Levi founded LogicTools, now a subsidiary of IBM, which provided software solutions and decision support systems to clients such as Caterpillar, ConAgra, Kraft Foods, Mercer Management, Ryder, SC Johnson, UPS, U.S. Postal Service, Walgreens, etc., and later co-founded OPS Rules, and Opalytics, both now part of Accenture.
- Prof. David Simchi-Levi had associated with NITIE for the Global Online Certification Course on Supply Chain Digitization and Management in 2021 which was a highly successful course with over 2500 participants from 13+ countries. (Read More)
- Profile on MIT website - https://cee.mit.edu/people_individual/david-simchi-levi/
- LinkedIn Profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-simchi-levi-3045026/
|Category||Fee Category||Registration Fee
(incl. of all)*
|Participants from India||Student||Rs. 3,000/- per participant||Registration Closed|
|Academician / Faculty||Rs. 6,000/- per participant||Registration Closed|
|NITIE Alumni||Rs. 6,000/- per participant||Registration Closed|
|Industry Professionals / Others||Rs. 12,000/- per participant||Registration Closed|
|Foreign Participants||Any||USD 185 per participant||Registration Closed|
*Convenience fees may apply
For Bulk Registrations from one organization
|Number of Participants||Registration Fee (incl. of all)|
|11 to 20||Rs. 2,700/- per participant||Rs. 10,000/- per participant|
|21 to 35||Rs. 2,400/- per participant||Rs. 8,500/- per participant|
|36 to 50||Rs. 2,000/- per participant||Rs. 7,500/- per participant|
|51 and above||Rs. 1,500/- per participant||Rs. 6,000/- per participant|
Please write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on bulk registration.
Analytics 2021 Coordinating Team
Click Here for FAQs
For all queries, please Email to: email@example.com
- Ms. Priti Bhole || PGDIM – 27 || +91-8850163079
- Mr. Jyothikrishnan T S || PGDIM – 27 || +91-9080144253
- Mr. Mohit Gupta || PGDIE - 50 || +91-8404984942
- Prof. (Ms.) Priyanka Verma
- Prof. (Ms.) Sushmita Narayana
- Prof. Debabrata Das