Name of the committee: Empresario
Tag Line: Inspiring Entrepreneurship
To develop the student community’s vast untapped entrepreneurial potential to contribute to the overall development of the nation.
- To create awareness among NITIE students about entrepreneurship and its challenges
- To provide a platform for interaction with successful entrepreneurs, industry mentors and funding agencies
- To facilitate the availability of resources which can enable the student community to achieve their entrepreneurial aspirations
- To collaborate with similar bodies in other B-schools and seek tie ups with Non-profit Entrepreneurial organizations
- To create a strong network of self-motivated entrepreneurs who would like to mentor and guide budding entrepreneurs
About the committee
Empresario is an endeavor by the NITIE students to spread the wave “Entrepreneurship Everywhere”. In the form of various events round the year Empresario aims to empower the aspiring entrepreneurs and start-ups by providing a platform for interactions with industrial mentors, successful entrepreneurs and funding agencies and venture capitalists.
Empresario since inception in 2004 has grown manifolds with new events and workshops and has initiated extensive participations from students, start-ups as well as corporate. Further, to promote the spirit of entrepreneurship,Empresario,annually, honors successful entrepreneurs with NITIE Empresario Entrepreneurship Awards.
Empresario is formally associated with TiE, NEN & Mumbai Angels who are global not-for-profit organizations with the sole purpose of supporting and promoting entrepreneurship.
Empresario, the Entrepreneurship Cell of NITIE aims at spreading the spirit of entrepreneurship at NITIE. With the vision to support the wave of innovation and creativity and to provide a platform for students to nurture their skills in entrepreneurship, Team Empresario organizes the below events:
- NITIE Empresario Entrepreneurship Awards: NITIE felicitates eminent entrepreneurs who had the courage to live their dreams, under the umbrella of “Avartan”
- B-Plan Contest: A unique opportunity for aspiring entrepreneurs to showcase their business plans to jury comprising eminent industrialists and VCs
- D’apprendre: ‘My Story Sessions’- a learning platform for students to interact with successful entrepreneurs and learn from their experiences
- Avezha: Entrepreneurial workshop designed to nurture budding ideas of NITIE students
Committee / Forum Structure
Key Members: Akshay Shekhar (PGDIE 44), Prafull Salunkhe (PGDIM 21)
Strength: 15 members
Open to: Committee is open to the following courses: PDGIE/PGDIM/PGDISM/PGDMM/PGDPM
E-Mail id: email@example.com
Official web page: http://www.nitie.ac.in/en/content/empresario
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NITIE.Empresario
Faculty In-Charge: Asso. Prof. T. Prasad