Over the last five decades, NITIE has developed a symbiotic relationship with the industry that helps it serve the industry better upholding its motto of “Udyog Pragati’. NITIE is governed by the Board of Governors comprising eminent personalities from the industry, government, labor and professional bodies. NITIE has been consistently ranked among the top notch institutes imparting industrial engineering and Management education. NITIE offers following two year programs at Post Graduate Level:
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering (PGDIE)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Industrial Management (PGDIM)
Post-Graduate Diploma in Industrial Safety & Environmental Management (PGDISEM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Manufacturing Management (PGDPM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Management (PGDPM)
It also offers fellow program at Doctoral Level. Annually, NITIE trains over 2000 professionals through its various week long management development programs (MDPs) and the unit based programs (UBPs) in different areas of Industrial Engineering and Management.
NITIE is also engaged in applied research and offers professional consultancy services in various facets of Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Information Systems, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Industrial Engineering, Environmental Management, Ergonomics, Information Technology Management and other management and productivity related fields.
At NITIE, learning is a hands-on, action oriented style of decision making that immerses the student in a complex, real world business scenarios. The classroom experience is interactive, challenging and engaging and all students are contributors in driving their own learning experience
- 2014 introduction of two new courses PGDMM & PGDPM
- 2013 NITIE Celebrated Golden Jubilee
- 2006 PGDITM A management programme to focus on systems/IT starts in response to the demand from the corporate world
- 2001 PGDISEM A very niche course to focus on environment & sustainability starts at the dawn of the new century
- 1994 PGDIM The first management course begins with an aim of imparting cross functional management education.
- 1992 Name of the institute changed to National Institute of Industrial Engineering.
- 1984 Fellow Programme Lunch of FP (Equivalent to Ph. D Degree) in different areas in industrial Engg.
- 1971 PGDIE NITIE joins industrial engineering movement with its first Post Graduate Programme
- 1963-1969 EDP* & MDP* Programme begin
- 1963 GOI & ILO establish National Institute for Training in Industrial Engineering.
* Executive Development Programme
* Management Development Programme