Mumbai, October 31st, 2021: India’s premier institute National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai held its XXVI Convocation Ceremony today virtually at its campus in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
The Chief Guest for the 26th Convocation of NITIE Mumbai was Hon'ble Minister of Education, Govt. of India, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan & Guests of honour were Dr. K. Radhakrishnan, Chairman, IIT Kanpur & Dr. Anil Sahasrabudhe, Chairman, AICTE and Mr. Shashi Kiran Shetty, Chairman, NITIE Board of Governors & Allcargo Logistics, who addressed the event virtually. Over 1500 guests comprising of students, parents, alumni, faculty and staff members attended the virtual convocation.
Prof. Manoj Tiwari, Director, NITIE shared the achievements of the students and the awards won under various categories, both in academics as well as industry-collaborated projects. The break-up of students getting awarded this year are as follows:
- Fellow students: 25 (2020 & 2021)
- Industrial Engineering: 230(48th & 49th Batch)
- Industrial Management: 510 (25th & 26th Batch)
- Industrial Safety & Environment Management: 34 (18th & 19th Batch)
- Manufacturing Management: 65 (5th & 6th Batch)
- Project Management: 62 (5th & 6th Batch)
- PGPEx-VLFM: 35 (2020 & 2021)
NITIE remains committed to continuously improve and innovate, keeping pace with the changing requirements of the industry. NITIE has recently been ranked 12th in the Management category of NIRF 2021 Rankings.