Sansmaran 2015, which happened on 21 November 2015, is an earnest endeavour by the Institute to express gratitude and affection towards its alumni and to keep the spirit of fraternity and belonging alive.
The alumni upon arrival in the Ramada Hotel had their breakfast after which they commenced the campus tour. The alumni were in awe of the new infrastructure especially the new 16 story hostel and the new academic building. The campus tour was followed by Annual General Meeting in the Auditorium of the campus. The AGM was followed by a delicious lunch at the Ramada Hotel where the alumni interacted with the students and the faculty. Lunch was followed by the CEO Conclave.
CEO Conclave - Panel Discussion on the topic “Entrepreneurship Waves”
Panel Members -
- Prof. (Mrs.) Karuna Jain Mam, Director NITIE, President - NITIE Alumni Association
- Mr. Prasad Vellaturi Rao, Chairman and CEO, PrideVel
- Mr. Kiran Kothekar, Co-founding Director, Vector Consulting Group
- Mr. Vijayendra Singh - Co-founder, Instafrsh
- Moderator of Panel Discussion Miss Namrata Singh, founder of Dark horse media network
In continuance with the initiatives taken, Nitie Alumni Association has always tried to bring all its alumni a step closer to their Alma-Mater, NITIE. As part of this endeavour we feel proud to launch the sixth edition of NITIE’s alumni magazine titled - AlumNiti in Sansmaran 2015. The magazine encompasses various happenings at NITIE, Nitie Alumni Association initiatives, contributions by our distinguished alumni and faculty members and much more.
Distinguished Alumnus Award
Year after year our Alumni have proven their mettle on various fronts, be it Corporate, Research and Development, Political, Social, Defence and the list goes on. As we look around we see so many worthy personalities and brilliant minds that it fills us with sheer pride and happiness to have had the luck of being a part of this tremendous legacy.
Over the years Sansmaran has always applauded the achievements of our exceptional alumni who have been the flag bearers of NITIE in the corporate world. This year NITIE conferred the ’Distinguished Alumnus Award’ upon
- Mr. Prasad V Rao
- Mr. Ashwin Rangan
- Mr. Akhilesh Tuteja
After Distinguished Alumnus Award, The felicitation function started.
The batches that were facilitated were:
- PGDIE - 3rd batch on 40 years completion, Silver Jubilee Batch
- PGDIE - 19th batch, 10 years completion
- Fellow: Completion year (2004-05)
- PGDIE - 33rd batch
- PGDIM - 10th batch
- PGDISEM - 3rd batch
- MDP: completion year (2004-05)
- Felicitation Function was followed by a cultural function which has both dance and music performances from both students and Alums.
- The first performance was by Mr. Biswaranjan Samal, our Alumnus from 3rd batch of PGDIE.
- The evening ended with dance and music performances by the students.